Skip to Content

Election information for Loughborough University students

Register to Vote - Web BannerThe following information about the general election may be useful for university students.

  • For a general election, students can be registered at home or their term time address
  • You can only vote once. Voting twice is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE
  • During Loughborough University‚Äôs student registration process, you may have agreed to be put on the local electoral register held by Charnwood Borough Council. The Council would have written to you to confirm this at the address given. If you have moved recently, you should update your address via
  • The last date to register to vote for the General Election on June 8 is May 22
  • If you apply for a postal vote, make sure you ask for it to be sent to the address you want to receive it
  • Polling cards will be distributed in Charnwood about four weeks before the election
  • You can only vote at the polling station on your polling card
  • You do not need your polling card to vote but it helps staff at the polling station so please take it along if you have it
  • If you believe you are on the electoral register in Charnwood, but have not received confirmation or any correspondence and need to check, please call Charnwood Borough Council on 1509 634546.
  • Be aware that the Council may be experience a high volume of calls on and around June 8. If you have a question, you may find the answer on the Your Vote Matters website.
  • Charnwood Borough Council can only deal with inquiries about the electoral register in Charnwood, nowhere else.
Share this page:

Last updated: