Two forms must be submitted for a standard search, a Requisition for Search LLC1 and the form of Enquiries Con 29 (2002 Edition). These forms can be obtained from legal stationers.
The replies provide information on whether there are any Local Land Charges or other proposals, which may affect the property or land being searched.
The Search of the Register (Form LLC1)
- This statutory procedure reveals any planning, environmental, financial or highway restrictions on the property or land.
Enquiries of Local Authorities (Con 29)
- This contains contains enquiries designed to reveal to an intending purchaser, information about the property to be purchased and the effect on it of the exercise of our powers and duties.
The Con 29 search form includes a section for optional enquiries, for example the location of pipelines and public footpaths. Optional enquiries should be requested when submitting the basic search and there is an additional fee for each optional enquiry requested.
Please also note that the HM Revenue and Customs have determined that search fees for CON29R, CON29O and related individual questions element of a search will now be subject to the application of VAT and therefore we will be adding VAT at 20% to the relevant fees.
Submit a search
Both the LLC1 Requisition for Search and Con 29 Enquiries should be submitted at the same time if answers to both are required. Applications must include the following to be accepted for processing:
- The correct fee: Cheques to be made payable to “Charnwood Borough Council”.
- A correct, clear address to be searched against and an up to date site plan, showing the boundaries of the property or land to be searched against, clearly marked.
- A plan is not always necessary if the search is against a site with a numbered postal address but is advisable to ensure accuracy.
- Applications to be addressed to the Local Land Charges Service, Charnwood Borough Council, Southfields Offices, Southfields Road, Loughborough, LE11 2TN, by DX 19628 Loughborough or electronically via your solicitors connection to the National Land Information Service (NLIS).
|FOI 1143||12th Jan 2011||Personal search fee LGA correspondence|
|FOI 2132||12th Jul 2012||Eir Info|
|FOI 2137||13th Jul 2012||Land Charges Policy|
|FOI 2149||18th Jul 2012||Land Charges Charges|
|FOI 2151||18th Jul 2012||Land Charges Info|
|FOI 2186||27th Jul 2012||Land Charges Charges|
|FOI 2219||9th Aug 2012||Land Charges|
|FOI 1175||1st Feb 2011||Land Charges|
|FOI 1223||3rd Mar 2011||Land Charges|
|FOI 1228||7th Mar 2011||Land Charges|
|FOI 1279||26th Apr 2011||Land Charges|
|FOI 1369||20th Jun 2011||Correspondence with Beven Brittan and Tinklers Solicitors|
|FOI 3957||18th Feb 2014||Land Charges|
|FOI 1427||18th Aug 2011||Charging for Personal Searches|
|FOI 1428||9th Nov 2011||Land Searches|
|FOI 1602||28th Dec 2011||Con29 Info Owners|
|FOI 2770||7th Mar 2013||Planning Docs|
Last updated: Thu 17th March, 2016 @ 14:42