This page provides links to the transport studies which has been used to inform the development of the Core Strategy and its evidence base.
Transport Assessments, 2013
This study assess the impacts of a single emerging development strategy on the transport network in Charnwood using the Leicester and Leicestershire Integrated Transport Model (LLITM).
The objective was to assess, at a strategic level, the cumulative impact of the emerging development strategy across the Borough and the effectiveness of the public transport and highway mitigation package in reducing those impacts.
This work builds on previous transport studies which can be viewed below.
- Setting Strategic Direction Stage 2 Emerging Development Strategy 2013 (PDF Document, 46.42 Mb)
MVA Consultancy has also undertaken some additional analysis of the Severity Index – one of the indicators used to assess the impact of growth on the transport network in Charnwood. This technical note is available to download below:
- Severity Index (PDF Document, 5.86 Mb)
Transport Assessments, 2012
This study assesses four possible development strategies and subsequent mitigation packages using the Leicester and Leicestershire Integrated Transport Model (LLITM).
The purpose of appraising four strategies has been to assess the impact of different combinations of development upon the transport network.
- Contents & Executive Summary (PDF Document, 0.22 Mb)
- Sections 1-5 (PDF Document, 33.64 Mb)
- Sections 6-10 (PDF Document, 36.26 Mb)
- Appendix A: Model Validation Report - Charnwood Area (PDF Document, 0.72 Mb)
- Appendix B: Land Use Modelling Report (PDF Document, 3.22 Mb)
Transport Assessments, 2008 and 2009
We have commissioned transport consultants MVA to prepare a number of reports to inform the Charnwood Local Development Framework Core Strategy.
Below are links to the three main reports prepared for Charnwood in 2008 and Loughborough and South Charnwood in 2009 with supporting technical reports.
- Charnwood Transport Assessment (Delivering Strategies, September 2008) (PDF Document, 10.3 Mb)
- Southern Charnwood Transport Assessment (Setting Strategic Direction, March 2009) and related Technical Reports (PDF Document, 4.25 Mb)
- Loughborough Transport Assessment (Transport for Development, August 2009) and related Technical Reports (PDF Document, 7.96 Mb)
Below are a set of summary notes highlighting the key findings of MVA's transport assessments for all the potential locations for Sustainable Urban Extensions currently being considered.
These are based on MVA's full reports for Loughborough (August 2009) and South Charnwood (March 2009).
- Key to plans included in Summary Notes (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Transport Assessment Summary Anstey (PDF Document, 0.93 Mb)
- Transport Assessment Summary Birstall (PDF Document, 0.12 Mb)
- Transport Assessment Summary Thurmaston (PDF Document, 0.96 Mb)
- Transport Assessment Summary Anstey/Thurmaston split SUE option (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Transport Assessment Summary East Loughborough (PDF Document, 0.25 Mb)
- Transport Assessment Summary West Loughborough (PDF Document, 0.98 Mb)
- Transport Assessment Summary South and South West Loughborough (PDF Document, 0.95 Mb)
LCC Transport Assessments, 2007 and 2008
In December 2006 Leicestershire County Council published an Assessment of the Highways and Transportation Implications of Sustainable Urban Extensions at Selected Broad Locations in Leicestershire.
In April 2007 a Further Assessment of Highways and Transportation Implications of Sustainable Urban Extensions at Selected Broad Locations in Leicestershire was also published.
These assessments were undertaken to inform the preparation of the East Midlands Regional Plan and are available to view on Leicestershire County Council's website using the link below:
- Leicestershire County Council's Evidence Base Report for the East Midlands Regional Plan Examination
In January 2008 the County Council provided a summary of the outcomes of the Loughborough modelling carried out in connection with work for East Midlands Draft Regional Plan in January 2008. This is available to download below:
Leicestershire County Council Summary Transport Report (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb)
Sileby and Barrow Upon Soar Traffic and Transport Study, 2016
The Sileby and Barrow Upon Soar Traffic and Transport Study (2016) , published by Leicestershire County Council, assesses current and future transport conditions in the villages based upon an assessment of traffic movements as well as the impact of proposed new developments. The findings will be used by the County Council to inform future highway advice on development proposals in these villages.
- Sileby and Barrow Upon Soar Traffic and Transport Study (PDF Document, 4.32 Mb)
Last updated: Thu 16th November, 2017 @ 11:09