Sat 5th August, 2017, 1pm to 4pm
Start out on your spinning journey with the ancient technique of drop spinning.
Great for beginners who are keen to learn how to convert fibre into yarn.
In this half day (3 hours) course you will be introduced to the art of drop spinning using a simple top whorl drop spindle and prepared wool fibre you will be walked through the basics of the technique and given lots of time for supported practice. You will be able to take your very own handspun wool away with you.
The course fee includes tuition, materials and refreshments. Courses take place on our beautiful organic farm in our cosy classroom, you may even get to spot a few of the sheep.
10 spaces are available on this course.
Points to note:
- Please be aware wool fibres are used during this session, it is not recommended for those with sensitivities to wool.
- A minimum of six attendees are required for the course to run. Courses may be rearranged or cancelled if the minimum numbers are not met, where this is necessary we will give the maximum possible notice and offer a full refund where applicable.
- This course is suited to those aged 14 and over, under 16s must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- We are making use of the converted buildings on the farm, as a result we don't currently have a disabled accessible toilet, we will be fixing this as soon as possible.
- The minimum age for this activity is 14 years. Under 16s must be accompanied by a paying adult.