Sun 24th November, 2019, 10am to 7pm
Loughborough is getting ready for the switching-on of the town’s Christmas lights on Sunday November 24.
Thousands of people are expected to enjoy the event with festivities taking place in the Market Place between 10am-7pm.
The event, which is organised by Charnwood Borough Council in partnership with Love Loughborough, has something for everyone. A charity market will kick things off at 10am, and there will also be a food court, craft and retail market, fairground rides and a Santa’s grotto.
The Sock Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair will also be at the Loughborough Town Hall between 11am-5pm.
The main stage will be bought to life at 1pm with performances by local school and performance groups.
The running order for the stage is as follows:
- 1pm - Loughborough Schools Foundation Big Band
- 1.35pm - LAOS theatre group
- 1.45pm - Loughborough Students Union Sing
- 2.05pm - Kieran Sutcliffe
- 2.15pm - Ruth Chomik
- 2.25pm - Bright Lights Theatre School
- 2.45pm - St Botolphs Primary School Choir
- 3pm-5pm – BBC Radio Leicester
- 3.15pm – Pauline Quirk Academy
- 3.45pm – Daniel Porter
- 4.10pm – Kade Smith
- 4.40pm – Panto cast and singalong
- 5pm - Lights are switched on
BBC Radio Leicester’s breakfast duo Jo Hayward and Ady Dayman will host the event from 3pm. Entertainment will include a big screen and live music from Kade Smith, former contestant on The Voice UK.
The Christmas lights will be switched on at 5pm by the young winner of the Light-up Loughborough competition and the cast of this year’s Loughborough Town Hall pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk.
Loughborough University’s Students Union will then take over the stage with entertainment until 7pm.
- Christmas Light Switch on Poster (PDF Document 934.81 Kb.)