If you live in a property where one or more residents fall into the following categories, you may be entitled to a discount regardless of how many people live in the property.
This is known as being 'disregarded' for Council Tax discount purposes.
- Sole occupier of your home
- Youth training trainees
- Members of visiting forces, international organisations and diplomats
- Severely mentally impaired people
- Patients in care homes/hospitals
- Carers and care workers
- People in respect of whom child benefit is paid
- Prisoners and detainees
- Members of religious communities
- Spouse or dependent of a full time student, who is not a British Citizen
If you are one of the above, head to the apply for discounts and exemptions page.
Last updated: Wed 7th August, 2019 @ 08:43