Leicestershire County Council took over responsibility for providing Concessionary Travel to all Leicestershire residents from 1st April 2011. This includes managing the English National Concessionary Travel entitlement.
How to Get a Pass if You Live in Charnwood
Charnwood residents who wish to:
- Apply for a new Concessionary Travel pass,
- Renew their existing pass or
- Apply for a replacement for a lost or damaged pass
should contact Leicestershire County Council on 0116 305 0002.
Under the English National Concessionary Travel scheme everyone over the pensionable age for women (in line with changes to the State Pension Age) and eligible disabled people are entitled to apply for a travel card offering free off-peak local bus travel anywhere in England between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and at all times on weekends and bank holidays.
Please click on the links below to see further information about the scheme or to access the printable application forms.
- Concessionary Travel Bus Passes and Vouchers
- Concessionary Travel Application Forms and Notes for Older People and Disabled People
If you cannot find the information you need or you require further assistance please contact the Concessionary Travel Team at Leicestershire County Council on 0116 305 0002 (Option 2).
- Travel Line - for information and a journey planner for linked trips. You can also call the helpline on 0871 200 2233
- Leicestershire County Council For bus service information including timetables, general information and web links (County Council site listing countywide bus servcies covered by the scheme.)
- Hospital Hopper - Information about Leicestershire Hospital Circular Bus Service.
- Leicestershire County Council - information about bus passes and concessionary travel
- External link to Leics County Council website - information about Blue Badge Scheme
Last updated: Thu 19th February, 2015 @ 13:52