Skip to content

National Concessionary Travel Scheme (Bus Passes)

Leicestershire County Council took over responsibility for providing Concessionary Travel to all Leicestershire residents from 1st April 2011. This includes managing the English National Concessionary Travel entitlement.

How to Get a Pass if You Live in Charnwood

Charnwood residents who wish to:

  • Apply for a new Concessionary Travel pass,
  • Renew their existing pass or
  • Apply for a replacement for a lost or damaged pass

should contact Leicestershire County Council on 0116 305 0002.

Under the English National Concessionary Travel scheme everyone over the pensionable age for women (in line with changes to the State Pension Age) and eligible disabled people are entitled to apply for a travel card offering free off-peak local bus travel anywhere in England between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and at all times on weekends and bank holidays.

Please click on the links below to see further information about the scheme or to access the printable application forms.

If you cannot find the information you need or you require further assistance please contact the Concessionary Travel Team at Leicestershire County Council on 0116 305 0002 (Option 2).

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top