Contact us Online
The quickest and easiest way to contact the Council is by completing one of our specially designed online forms which are listed below. These forms are designed so that they go straight to the relevant service for response.
- General online contact form - this is our main 'Have your Say' feedback form which can be used to: make an Enquiry; make a Comment; give a Compliment; make a Complaint; make a Suggestion. If in doubt, please use the 'Other' option on this form and we will direct your query to the relevant service.
- Report a problem online - please use the relevant 'report a problem' form on this page so we can ensure your report goes straight to the right people to deal with it.
- Pay a bill online - please visit our Pay a Bill Information Page for details about the system and what you can use it to pay for or follow this link to go straight into our On-line Payments System.
Contact us by Telephone
The list below provides numbers for our most popular services. Operating Times are Mon-Fri 8.30am - 5pm (4.30pm Fridays).
Contact the Main Switchboard and select the service you require or use the Direct Dial numbers provided below
- Daytime No: 01509 263151
- Emergency/Out of Hours 01509 634567
BENEFITS and COUNCIL TAX - 0845 6091258
For help & advice about Homelessness, Housing Allocations, & The Housing Register.
- Daytime No: 01509 634567
- Emergency/Out of Hours: 01509 634567
For help & advice about Tenancies, Repairs, Maintenance, Rents & Sheltered Housing.
- Daytime No: 01509 634666
- Emergency/Out of Hours: 01509 634666
Support Services for Elderly and Disabled People
- Daytime No: 01509 643970
- Emergency/Out of Hours: 01509 643970
REFUSE & RECYCLING: For help & advice about collections and other refuse & recycling related information - 01509 634563
STREET MANAGEMENT: For help & advice on parking or Environmental crime issues - 01509 634564
Charnwood Leisure Centres
- Loughborough - 01509 611080
- Soar Valley (Mountsorrel) - 0116 2375267
- South Charnwood (Syston) - 0116 2640057
Service Contact Information: Individual council services publish their contact details throughout this website. If you know which service you would like to contact, please use the our online A-Z of Services or the site search.
Contact Us in Writing
Our postal address is:
Charnwood Borough Council
Contacting Your Councillor
We publish contact details for all councillors in Charnwood.
Making Payments to the Council
The Council offers a variety of ways to pay your bills/invoices, full details of which can be found on our How to Pay a Bill web page.
Interpreting and Translation Service
For General Telephone enquiries call: 01509 634560.
The Council has a small number of in-house translators who may be able to assist with general enquiries at the Customer Service Centre and in reception areas. This service is limited and the languages available are Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, French and Arabic.
When we cannot provide an interpreter in-house for your language, or if the interview is of a complex or lengthy nature we may buy in professional interpreters from other agencies and these would be arranged by the officer dealing with you. Alternatively the Council can also access the Language Line facility for telephone enquiries or for visitors to the Customer Service Centre (i.e. main reception), who need an interpreter to help make their enquiry.
For other languages or for longer and more detailed enquiries it may be necessary to make an appointment, to arrange this please telephone 01509 634560.
A Connect Service Shop & Joint Help Points are provided by Charnwood Borough Council & Leicestershire County Council to give access to information about Council Services.
Connect Service Shop
Part of our Customer Service Centre located at our Southfields Offices, Southfield Road, Loughborough. Telephone 01509 263151. E-mail email@example.com. Fax: 01509 634703. Minicom 01509 215996.
Joint Help Points
These are located in libraries at: Anstey, Barrow upon Soar, Birstall, Loughborough, Mountsorrel, Rothley, Quorn, Shepshed, Sileby, Syston and Thurmaston. If you are unsure of the opening times of your local library, please telephone either the Customer Service Centre at Southfields (01509 263151) or Loughborough Library (01509 212985). Full details of libraries (locations, opening times, etc.) can be found at www.leics.gov.uk.
Last updated: Mon 16th September, 2013 @ 11:54