|Date Listed||Wed 1st June, 1966|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Church of All Saints Church Street Seagrave LE12 7LT|
|Volume, Map, Item||260, 4, 131|
|Description||Church, C13-C15, restored and chancel rebuilt C19. Granite rubble stone with stone dressings and Swithland slate roof. Stone coped gables, some with cross finials. W tower, nave, aisles, chancel and N and S porches. Perp W tower of three stages with clasping buttresses, W window, loopholes in second stage, four 2 light bell openings, quatrefoiled lozenge frieze, remains of gargoyles and battlements. Inside, a double chamfered nave arch on semi circular responds. C13 bay N arcade with double chamfered arches on circular piers. Early C14 three bay S arcade with double chamfered arches on octagonal piers. Perp clerestory with four windows either side, two to W of 2 lights, two to E of 3 lights. C19 roof with curved braces to collars. In N aisle four windows with reticulated tracery, N door and porch. Piscina and aumbry. Double chamfered chancel arch on responds with fillets. N and E windows with stained glass of 1881, others with tinted glass. C19 boarded roof. Medieval altar stone remounted mid C20. In S aisle three windows with reticulated tracery and E window with plate tracery. Rood loft arch near. Piscina and square niches. Pieces of C18 panelling, probably from old box pews, against wall. S doorway with many moulded arch and S porch of 1889. Circular Norman font, blank arcading with colonettes carrying segmental arches. C19 base. Interior retains two old chests, Royal arms on panel over chancel arch, and two early C19 musical instruments, an ophicleide and a serpent. Pevsner.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.