Church of Holy Trinity, Church Lane, Thrussington (Grade II*)
|Date Listed||Wed 1st June, 1966|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Church of the Holy Trinity Church Lane Thrussington LE7 4TE|
|Volume, Map, Item||260, 5, 168|
Church, C13-C15 and much restored 1877. Restoration by Goddard and Paget of Leicester. Ironstone with limestone dressings and Swithland slate roof with stone stack on nave E gable. Stone coped gables, some with cross finials. Stepped buttresses, angle and diagonal buttresses. W tower, nave, aisles, chancel and S porch. C14/C15 tower of three stages with plinth, NE projecting stair, W window, 1 light above, clock faces to N and W, four 2 light bell openings with crenellated transoms, gargoyles, battlements and crocketed pinnacles. Nave arch, now blocked, probably double chamfered. Three bay N arcade of c1300 with double chamfered arches on octagonal piers and responds. Similar four bay S arcade but with hoodmoulds and head and label stops. Perp clerestory with three 2 light windows on each side. 3
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.