|Date Listed||Wed 1st June, 1966|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Church of Saint Leonard Wymeswold Road Hoton LE12 5SN|
|Volume, Map, Item||87, 1, 43|
|Description||Small parish church of medieval origin, largely rebuilt in C18 and C19. West tower, and nave and chancel under a single roof. Tower of early C14, coursed rubble, with quoins, moulded projecting string courses, 4 traceried lights to bell chamber and embattled parapet. North wall of nave is rubble with brick dressings and round arched C18 windows with wooden Y tracery, heightened with Charnwood granite when the Chancel (also granite) was built in 1834 by the Packe family of Prestwold. Chancel has pointed gothic lights with Y-tracery, a canted apse with late decorated style E window, limestone dressings and priests door with traceried light over in continuous frame on S wall. S. Wall of nave is C18 brick on stone plinth with 2 round arched windows. Interior has west gallery, wood panelled on columns and bearing the royal arms, and a roof of 1834 with pierced cambered trusses.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.