|Date Listed||Mon 5th November, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Church of St Mary and House Adjoining Ashby Road Loughborough LE11 3QU|
|Volume, Map, Item||261, 5, 1|
|Conservation Area||Ashby Road|
|Description||Roman Catholic church and house adjoining, 1833-4, by William Flint of Leicester. Stucco. Original church forms chancel of present church, which was enlarged in the 1920s by a 5-bay nave to the south. Massive 4-column south portico flanked by aisle windows in lugged architraves. Ceramic panel of the Annunciation above central door. Original church has ceiling with coved sides rising from cornice and west gallery with iron railing enriched with palmettes. C20 fittings otherwise. House to west: 2 storey, double-fronted, 3 window range. Giant pilasters supporting entablature. Lugged architraves and bracketed cills. Pilastered doorcase, rectangular fanlight, 6-panelled door (2 panels now glazed). C20 casement windows.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.