|Date Listed||Thu 15th March, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Church of Saint Mary New Lane Walton on the Wolds LE12 8HY|
|Volume, Map, Item||87, 3, 62|
|Parish||Walton on the Wolds|
|Conservation Area||Walton on the Wolds|
|Description||Parish church, rebuilt in C18 and C19. Brick with stone dressings throughout. West tower belongs to the rebuilding of 1736-9, 3 stages, with paired round headed lights to bell chamber, and oculi. The west door is a C19 gothic insertion, with shafts and decorated corbels to hood mould. The 3 bay nave was rebuilt c1877 to be in keeping with the chancel, and has heavy stone geometric traceried windows of 2 lights with foiled circles above. The chancel was built mid C19 in gothic style and has a projecting vestry to the south, and to the north a priests door with ornate shafts and hood mould. Several stained glass windows.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.