|Date Listed||Wed 1st June, 1966|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Church of St Mary the Virgin and St John the Baptist Church Street Rothley LE7 7PD|
|Volume, Map, Item||260, 6, 103|
Church, C13-C15, restored and chancel rebuilt 1878. 1878 restoration by R Reynolds Rowe of Cambridge. Granite rubble stone with stone dressings and part battlemented, part Swithland slate roof. Stone coped gables, some with cross finials. W tower, nave, aisles, chancel, N organ chamber and N porch. Perp W tower of three stages with clasping buttresses becoming polygonal at second stage, and angle at third stage. W doorway with traceried spandrels. 3 light W window with stained glass of 1879. Clock face, quatrefoil and 1 light windows at second stage. Four 2 light bell openings, quartrefoiled lozenge frieze and battlements. Tall nave arch with deeply hollowed mouldings on semi-circular responds. 4
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.