|Date Listed||Thu 17th June, 2004|
|Category||Locally Listed Building|
|Address||Convent Station Road Rearsby LE7 4YY|
Originally, Private House known as Church Leys House. Commissioned by Hollingworth. Built 1883, confirmed by stone plaque on garden facade. Stable block added by Fitzherbert, 1911. Now a Convent, purchased by The Sisters of St Joseph of Peace, 1945. House and stables little altered. Essentially Arts & Crafts / Domestic Revival in character. Well preserved interior including staircase and terrazzo floor to entrance hall. Generally, red brick with tile hanging to square gables and stone string courses. Half timbered gables. Multi-pitched and gabled plain clay tile roofs with terra cotta ridge and finials. 2 & 3 storeys with dormers. Tall ridge, gable and side wall stacks. Generally stone dressed openings with casement windows. Extensive C20 additions
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.