|Date Listed||Thu 17th June, 2004|
|Category||Locally Listed Building|
|Address||Falcon Building, Brush Works Nottingham Road Loughborough LE11 1EX|
|Description||Engineering Workshops. Originally a Locomotive works for Henry Hughes & Co. Later The Falcon Engineering and Car Works (1883), acquired in 1889 by Anglo-American Brush. Development commenced 1865. Much altered and extended and many original buildings demolished. Mainly utility structures with exception of Falcon Building (originally built as Turbine Hall) and adjoining workshops with upstanding pedimented gables, fronting railway line. Turbine Hall built c1920. Neoclassical styling. Generally, soot blackened red brick above plinth of alternate stone and brick bands. Expressed terra-cotta string courses above windows and under gables. Pitched roofs with stone dressings to upstanding gables and distinctive shaped parapets. Diocletion window to lineside frontage masked by distinctive neon ?Brush? sign. Adjacent workshops with flat topped circular brick tower and shaped gables surmounting parapet, built c1900. Storey height metal framed fenestration. All buildings somewhat disfigured by crude C20 interventions|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.