|Date Listed||Wed 1st June, 1966|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||General Baptist Chapel Meeting Street Quorn LE12 8EX|
|Volume, Map, Item||260, 3, 79|
|Ward||Barrow & Sileby West|
|Description||Baptist Chapel, dated 1770 and early C20. Red brick and plain tile and Swithland slate roof with a brick left end truncated stack, rear stack and metal central louvre stack to Chapel. Three ranges, chapel to left, former Sunday School set back in centre, and early c20 extension, with hipped roof to right. Chapel of two storeys of 3 leaded light windows with cambered lintels : 2 lights, 3 light, 2 light. Tablet under central window inscribed ?General Baptist Chapel MDCCLXX?. Below is a large C20 porch. On right end a 3 light with 2 light over. Central range of 3 storeys of three 3 light windows with cambered lintels. Range to right of one storey of leaded light windows with mullions and transoms: a 5 light to front and two 2 lights on left side. Lean-to on right end. Interior has original gallery with panelled front on iron posts. Two wooden Doric pillars support roof. These were inserted when the Chapel was extended in 1825, and were hand turned in the Churchyard outside. Wall tablet to Rev. Benjamin Pollard, 1818|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.