|Date Listed||Thu 15th March, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Hall Farmhouse Stanford Lane Cotes LE12 5TW|
|Volume, Map, Item||87, 1, 33|
|Description||Farmhouse with facade of mid C18, modified later, but concealing earlier core. T. Plan, 2 storeys. Brick with rubble plinth chamfered to main facade, pantiled roof. Main facade has central door in gable porch backing onto stack, renewed windows with cambered heads, and to right, a pent roofed projection for the staircase. The gabled wing has various brick stacks and has been extended further to NE in C19. Internally, it is clear that this wing forms the earliest part of the house (early C17) with substantial remains of timber framing visible in 1st floor partition walls. Collar beams with arch bracing and vertical studding. Wall plate visible in SE wall. Interior gable of main range also timbered. A ground floor room in the wing has a well-beamed ceiling and bressumer for inglenook, both with run-out chamfers, and there is a small room with close-spaced and roughly shaped timber beams. An upper room in the main range also contains a large ceiling beam with run-out chamfer. Adjoining the house to the rear is a pump with wood case and decorated leadwork to spout, inscribed W.H. 1777.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.