|Date Listed||Thu 15th March, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Nos. 24-32 Humphry Babington House North Street Barrow upon Soar LE12 8QA|
|Volume, Map, Item||87, 3, 21|
|Parish||Barrow upon Soar|
|Ward||Barrow & Sileby West|
|Conservation Area||Barrow upon Soar|
Alms houses, dated 1825. Founded as a women?s almshouse, extending the original bequest of Humphrey Babington, founder of Theophilus Cave?s almshouses. White brickwork in a thin gothic style. 2 storeys 5 bays. Central bay a projecting steeply pitched gable with polygonal chimneys on angles like turrets, central doorway, a pointed arch beneath a hoodmould, blocked and now a window. Above this a 2-light gothic arched window and over this, the inscription tablet and a coat of arms. Gable is parapetted and has decorative string course following the angle of the roof. This string course continues across the facade, as does parapet. Other bays contain 2-light windows in gothic style, with latticed panes and hoodmoulds. Corner buttresses and gable and chimney stacks. The building was altered in 1976, to change the accommodation internally.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.