Loughborough Grammar School Boarding House, Burton Walks, Loughborough (Grade II)
|Date Listed||Mon 5th November, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Loughborough Grammar School Boarding House Burton Walks Loughborough LE11 2DU|
|Volume, Map, Item||261, 5, 28|
|Conservation Area||Victoria Street|
Grammar School boarding house, 1852 by John Morris and Charles Hebson. Of red brick with burnt headers and stone dressings. Slate roof. ?Tudor Gothic? revival. Two storeys and attic, 3 window range, 1-1-1, coped gabled projections at sides, with rectangular projecting bay windows at ground floor level. Mullioned and transomed windows, mostly sashes, some with hoodmoulds. Three light windows in gables, and central gabled dormer breaking through eaves. Left hand end stack, and ridge stack between central and right hand bays, rising as 4 octagonal shafts. Arched entrance into porch in right hand return front, with canted oriel window above. Inscription carved on bracket above entrance.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.