|Date Listed||Mon 15th March, 1965|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Loughborough Grammar School Burton Walks Loughborough LE11 2DU|
|Volume, Map, Item||261, 5, 27|
|Description||Grammar School, 1852 by John Morris and Charles Hebson. Of red brick with burnt headers (diaper pattern on chequered basement), stone dressings and slate roof. Gothic revival, with ?perpendicular? window tracery throughout. Central block with 2 cross wings (originally open to the roof, now floored). Central 3-stage battlemented tower, with octagonal stair turret at rear, flanked by a 4-light window to either side. Central doorway with carved spandrels, 1st floor oriel window, then 3-light window with hoodmould, niche for statue above. Five bay cross wings with coped gables carrying pinnacles and finials. Canted bay windows. Octagonal lead capped lanterns at junctions of main block and cross wings.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.