|Date Listed||Thu 17th June, 2004|
|Category||Locally Listed Building|
|Address||Mill Building Devonshire Lane Loughborough LE11 3DW|
|Conservation Area||Queens Park|
Originally a Textile Mill. According to Pevsner, once a Dyeworks which drew water from Wood Brook and commenced business in 1825. Other sources indicate that Thomas Clarke?s Dyeworks fronted Devonshire Square and were demolished in the 1960s when the NW side of Devonshire Square was redeveloped. Now retail units and offices. C19, probably later than 1825 but with many insensitive and badly executed interventions. Red brick with shallow brick arched openings. Slate pitched roofs. 4 storeys. Replacement pvcu windows and painted GF storey seriously detract from overall appearance.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.