|Date Listed||Fri 2nd May, 1980|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||No. 12 (Moorhurst) and Pump to rear Mill Road Rearsby LE7 4YN|
|Volume, Map, Item||285, 3, 83|
|Description||House. C18, altered and heightened in C19. Brick on granite plinth. Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 2 unit plan with central door with reeded architrave and porch canopy on consoles, carrying a carved lion. Lower windows are 3 light casements with upper central opening light, and cambered brick heads. Upper windows are 3 light horizontally sliding sashes, also with cambered heads. The line of heightening is clearly visible just above the level of their sills. Gable end stacks. Rear roof slope is at original pitch, with brick eaves cornice, lower wing to rear. Pump on rear wall is dated 1784. A wood case c5? high with shallow pedimented top, with carving and one decorated panel below. Lead spout and plate with royal arms, date and initials A over JB. Reputed to be linked with Benskins the brewers, whose former brew house is attached to an adjoining property.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.