|Date Listed||Fri 12th October, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Quorn House Meeting Street Quorn LE12 8EX|
|Volume, Map, Item||260, 3, 76|
|Ward||Barrow & Sileby West|
Country house, 1820 with later additions and alterations. Red brick, mostly cement rendered to ground floor with stone cornice and narrow parapet and Welsh slate hipped roof with brick and stone ridge and side stacks. Principal front to park. Two storeys of ten 6/6 sash windows disposed as, from left, two storey bow with 2 sashes, 3 sashes, further similar bow and 3 sashes. Above the centre of each bow a cement rendered ornamental stack and decorating the ground floor Ionic pilasters. The entrance front is of 2 and 3 storeys of 6 sashes with projecting painted stone porch with pilasters and projecting stack. Inside are a cantilever staircase with wrought iron balustrade and interiors mainly of c1880 in the Jacobethan style. Quorn House has been the seat of the Farnham family since c1260. Pevsner.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.