|Date Listed||Thu 17th June, 2004|
|Category||Locally Listed Building|
|Address||Quorn Mill Leicester Road Quorn LE12 8FL|
Corn Mill. C16 in origin. Milling ceased 1894, when mill race sealed and mill wheel removed. Evidence remains of a tunnel under farmyard which carried mill race water into a stream below the site. Owned by Farnham family and sold 1933. Now farm operated by Parkers of Leicester. Remodelled C20. Mountsorell granite, rendered / colour washed on front elevation. Pitched roof reclad with concrete tiles. 2 brick ridge stacks. C20 remodelling includes replacement windows and a porch. Adjacent granite stone barns, probably C18, also re-roofed.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.