|Date Listed||Thu 17th June, 2004|
|Category||Locally Listed Building|
|Address||Railway Station Station Road Rearsby LE7 4YY|
Originally Station Buildings, now Private Houses with platform removed. Built 1846/8. Closed 1951. Design attributed to Leicester architect, William Parsons, Surveyor to the Syston-Peterborough railway. Severe red brick, stripped Tudor Revival. Steep pitched roof with upstanding end gables and pitched roof dormers. 1 gable with decorative barge boards. Stone copings to end gables and kneelers. Roof reclad with concrete tiles. 2 storeys including attic. Squat ridge stacks with corbelled heads. Chamfered stone lintols and stone cills. Hood mould above former main entrance. Generally, casement windows.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.