|Date Listed||Thu 15th March, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||St Leonards C of E School House Main Street Swithland LE12 8TQ|
|Volume, Map, Item||286, 4, 68|
|Ward||Rothley & Thurcaston|
School and house of early C19, enlarged 1843. Red brick with granite and slate rubble stone on left end and rear. Swithland slate roof with coped brick gables and ridge stack centre left. Three further stacks to rear. Long one storey range in Tudor style of four 2 light casements with hoodmoulds either side of coped gabled projecting porch. Arch with carved Griffin crest and 1843 in tablet over. 1 light in sides. House to left and school to right. One storey extension on right end with 1 light to front and door with 1 light either side and hoodmoulds over on end. Extension and C20 one storey extensions to rear.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.