|Date Listed||Thu 15th March, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||The Old Rectory School Hill Walton on the Wolds LE12 8JE|
|Volume, Map, Item||87, 3, 65|
|Parish||Walton on the Wolds|
|Conservation Area||Walton on the Wolds|
Large house, probably built 1736-9 with rebuilding of church. Painted brickwork, hipped modern tile roof, 1 rear wall and 1 east wall stack. 2 storeys, symmetrical S. facade of 3 bays, 12-light sash windows (some renewed with plate glass) with gauged brick heads, and keystones with cornice strips. Central door now a window. Small section of moulded eaves cornice survives on east wall. Early C19 hipped wing to rear, bowed to west (garden) front, with 3 full height large sash windows with keystones. Double door in west gable end with lozenge tracery and 2 sash windows above, with keystones.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.