|Date Listed||Mon 5th November, 1979|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||No. 60 (The School House) Anstey Lane Thurcaston LE7 7JA|
|Volume, Map, Item||286, 4, 96|
|Ward||Rothley & Thurcaston|
Cottage, formerly school, of 1715 with some later C19 modifications. Red brick with granite rubble stone plinth and slate roof with rebuilt central ridge stacks to both right and left sections. The latter section is lower. Gable facing with door on right side. Right section of two storeys of three casements: two 2 lights and 1 light over two 3 lights with a 2 light to left of door. Section to left has door and two 2 light casements with two 2 lights and a 1 light over. Some cambered lintels. Blocked windows to rear. Outshut with 2 light casement on left end. School built and endowed in 1715 by Richard Hill, rector of Thurcaston.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.