|Date Listed||Wed 18th January, 1950|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||The White House Forest Street Shepshed LE12 9BZ|
|Volume, Map, Item||261, 9, 112|
|Description||House, now flats. Late C17 (plaque with Hebrew inscription dated 1694, on rear staircase projection), recased late C18. Rendered and painted white, concrete pantile roof, hipped north end. Three storeys, double fronted, 1-1-1. Centre projects under pediment. Open pedimented stone Doric doorcase carried on engaged columns, round headed door recess, 6-panel door with radiating fanlight. Central 1st floor Venetian window (with side lights blocked). Central 2nd floor Diocletian window. Full height ground floor sash windows (15-pane), 12-pane. 1st floor and 6-pane 2nd floor windows. Stone window heads with double keystones. Wing to right hand side of 2 storeys but carried to full height of main block, 3 window range. Corbelled eaves cornice throughout. Band between ground and 1st floors. Rear (east) elevation: pedimented Ionic doorcase, doorway now blocked but rectangular fanlight with glazing bars survives. Raised bands between storeys.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.