|Date Listed||Mon 5th November, 1984|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Town Hall Market Place Loughborough LE11 3EB|
|Volume, Map, Item||261, 10, 59|
|Description||Town Hall, now theatre, 1855 by William Slater. Ashlar. Italianate. Two storeys, 9 window range, 3-3-3, central projection. Central C20 door, round headed sash windows with margin lights, moulded architraves and hoodmoulds (curved and bracketed to ground floor and flat to 1st floor). Central section has windows linked by arcading to right hand side. Moulded stringcourses between ground and 1st floors and at 1st floor cill level. Bracketed cornice surmounted by balustrade. Two stage bellcote with steep lead roof and weathervane. Clock, added later. Interior, remodelled c.1980 as a theatre, is not of special architectural interest. N Pevsner, Leicestershire and Rutland, p 177.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.