Gypsies and travellers residing in Charnwood must:
- Keep groups small - up to six caravans may be acceptable, dependant on the location.
- Park vehicles safely and do not create a hazard.
- Look after the land that you park on and be curteous to neighbours.
- Keep all animals under control.
- Ask us for black plastic bags which we will then collect on a regular basis.
You must not:
- Create a hazard to road safety or otherwise create a health and safety hazard.
- Dump or inappropriately dispose of household, human or trade waste.
- Burn rubbish which gives off acrid fumes or otherwise causes nuisance to neighbours.
- Threaten or intimidate Local Authority officers, other agencies or members of the public.
- Re-occupy the same area of land within a three month period.
The Code applies to all land in Local Authority ownership or control, including highway land. Any stay on our land is limited in time and is dependent on travellers complying with this Code. Failure to comply is likely to result in action being taken either by the Local Authority concerned or the Police.
Please leave the land clean and tidy when you go. The state in which you leave the site will be taken into account when you wish to camp on a new site and when you move, it must be at least two miles radius from the centre of the site occupied.
- Leicestershire & Rutland, Traveller Education Service: 0116 305 3153
- Leicester City, Travellers Education Service: 0116 222 2612
- Home Education Officer: 0116 305 5801
- Human Rights and Equalities Charnwood: 0150 926 1651
- Leicester & Leicestershire Racial Equality Council: 0116 299 9800
- Widening Participation Project: 0145 582 8429
- Leicestershire Constabulary: 101
- Friends, Families and Travellers: 0127 323 4777
- Irish Traveller Movement in Britain: 0207 607 200
- Community legal service
- The Community Law Partnership: 0121 685 8595
Multi agency travellers unit
- The Unit is located at Beaumont Lodge, Astil Lodge Road, Leicester, LE4 1EF
- Email: MultiAgencyTravellersUnit@leics.gov.uk
- Tel: 0116 305 8156
- Contact: Mat Bagley
- Tel: 0781 801 4574
- Tel: 0116 305 8156
- Traveller liaison officers
- Pauline Burton: 0753 471 3633
- Jacqui Green: 0750 778 3427
- Sharon Holland: 0753 471 3658
- PS633 Neil Whittle: 07970 838745
- Specialist Community Nurse/Health Visitor & Traveller Team: 0116 295 8750
- NHS Direct: 0845 4647
- Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland NHS
Last updated: Tue 5th June, 2018 @ 11:27