The Benefit Service is responsible for administering the Housing Benefit scheme and the Leicestershire and Rutland Council Tax Support scheme for the people of Charnwood.
Tell us if your circumstances change
We understand that some customer's will have seen a significant change in their income and circumstances since the start of the Coronavirus. If you have had a change in your income, childcare payments or any other changes that might affect your Benefit entitlement please notify us as soon as possible to avoid an overpayment occuring.
You must tell us if:
- You have a change in your personal details – e.g becoming a couple or a single person
- you are absent from home for four weeks or more
- changes in your earned or unearned income or savings
- you start or leave employment or become a student
- changes in working hours
- changes in child care costs
- change of address
- the birth of a child or child benefit starts or ends
- your children leaving school or starting work
- the circumstances of anyone living with you changes
- any other change that may affect your entitlement to benefit
This is not an exhaustive list. If you would like to discuss what we consider to be a relevant change, you can do this by telephone 0345 609 1258 or email email@example.com.
To report a change in circumstances online please visit our benefits webpage.
If your earnings are in-line with the National Living or Minimum Wage, you still need to report this change.
The new rates for 2021/2022 are as follows:
National Living Wage from April 1, 2021
- 23 Years and over = £8.91 per hour
National Minimum Wage from April 1, 2021
- 21 to 24 years = £8.36 per hour
- 18 to 20 years = £6.56 per hour
- Under 18 = £4.62 per hour
- Apprentice = £4.30 per hour
Last updated: Tue 18th January, 2022 @ 12:14