Skip to content

Benefits and entitlements

Top tasks:

The Benefit Service is responsible for administering the Housing Benefit scheme and the Leicestershire and Rutland Council Tax Support scheme for the people of Charnwood.

These are payments made by us, based on rules set by the Government or Local Authority, to help you pay your rent or council tax if you are on a low income. We have very little discretion on how to apply the rules.

Please note that details of benefit amounts paid to customers or their landlords will be passed to HMRC on request.

If you have any further questions and queries, please don't hesitate to contact us. More advice and information on entitlements, benefits, allowances, grants and debt is available on the website.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top