Here are a few of the benefits of working for us:
- Annual Leave – employees are entitled to between 22 and 27 days of leave a year (depending on the length of service )
- Agile Working Policy – many colleagues where roles permit, split their time between working from home and the office. It was introduced to improve efficiency and work-life balance
- Personal development – we want to get the best out of colleagues for themselves and the organisation. We actively encourage development and support colleagues with training opportunities including apprenticeships which can now include degrees and masters.
- Discounts at the Council’s leisure centres in Loughborough, Syston and Mountsorrel
- Discounts for days out and other offers
- Free parking on-site at the Southfields office in Loughborough
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye tests for display screen equipment users
- Health and wellbeing – we have an active Health and Wellbeing Group which look at a range of initiatives to support staff. Examples include lunchtime walks, health checks, yoga and mindfulness sessions. We have held staff Thank You events and are always open to suggestions to help look after colleagues’ health and wellbeing
- Focus on communication with staff – we have a weekly staff email newsletter, virtual staff briefings (and in-person briefings when we can), a news section on the intranet and a regular Staff Survey and consultations
- Staff Forum – as part of our engagement with staff, we have a Staff Forum which meets regularly to discuss issues which affect staff. This is a great way to share opinions, give feedback and raise issues. It comprises employees from across the organisation and is always attended by the Chief Executive / a director
- Equality Working Group - we have an active group which comprises staff from across the council. They meet regularly to discuss matters relating to equality, diversity and inclusion, influence and feedback on policy and promote positive change for both employees and the wider Charnwood community.
- Access to the Green Rewards scheme – this is a programme to reward colleagues for taking positive sustainability and wellbeing actions. Colleagues are encouraged to collect points which can lead to prizes and help the Council reduce its carbon footprint.
Last updated: Mon 3rd October, 2022 @ 10:38