Britain has now left the European Union and there are new rules for businesses and residents from January 1, 2021.

Your business, family, and personal circumstances are affected, and you are likely to have a lot of questions.

On the Government website, you can answer a few questions to get a personalised list of actions. You can also sign up for emails to get updates for what you need to do.

Complete the transition questionnaire

The new rules affect citizens, businesses and travel to the EU.

Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions for businesses

Frequently asked questions for residents

Changes for businesses and citizens

Check what you need to do differently if you’re:

Get the complete list of what you need to do for you, your business and your family.

EU Settlement Scheme 

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.  

Leicestershire County Council is one of the local authorities that are providing a document scanning service for people applying to the EU Settlement Scheme. 

This service is available to resident EU citizens with a valid EU passport, and to their non-EU citizen family members with a biometric residence card issued by the UK.

Read more about the Leicestershire County Council EU Settlement Scheme document scanning service

UK citizens in the EU - advice 

The Government EU Exit web pages include advice specific to where you are living in the European Union. 

Prepare for EU Exit if you live in the UK 

Visit the Government's EU Exit web pages for information on: 

  • Going and being abroad
  • Work
  • Transport 
  • Environment 
  • Business and industry 
  • Education, training and skills

Additional helpful resources

Last updated: Mon 10th October, 2022 @ 16:43