Details of all council tax bands in Charnwood are provided below.
Details of council tax banding for a specific property in Charnwood can be found by doing a search by address in our property search My Charnwood.
Council tax charges from April 1, 2023 can be found below:
How the bands were set
All properties were valued and put into a valuation band between A and H – in England these bands are based on their value on 1st April 1991, not their current value.
The valuation band determines how much Council Tax you pay and is set by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) which is a central government agency.
If you want further details about your banding, please visit the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk, call them on 03000 501501.
What does my council tax pay for?
Council Tax pays for a range of services provided by the organisations listed below. Financial details for each are available by clicking on the links. Full details of the services provided are shown on the individual web sites.
- Leicestershire County Council
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Leicestershire
- Combined Fire Authority
- 2022-23 Budget Book
In basic terms the amount of council tax payable in respect of a property is calculated as follows:
- The total cost of providing the required local services is calculated
- This figure is then divided by the number of properties in the borough
- The result is adjusted to take account of the different council tax bands in which properties are placed
The actual calculation is obviously much more complex than this example. If you want more information on Council Tax calculations, please use our online contact form.
Last updated: Tue 7th March, 2023 @ 17:08