We are committed to supporting the armed forces personnel and veterans as part of the Armed Forces Community Covenant, a scheme which encourages understanding and awareness of the issues affecting veterans and their families within the local community, and promotes better help and support for existing and ex-Armed Forces personnel and their families.
More information about the covenant can be found on the Armed Forces Covenant website.
Help for Armed Forces personnel
The Armed Forces Community covenant website has a range of information for regulars, reservists, veterans and their families on how the covenant can support you as well as links to useful websites and national services available.
Read this article on the Covenant partnership across Charnwood, Melton and Rushcliffe borough councils for a wider view of how the covenant does and who it helps.
Local services in Charnwood
- Armed Forces Covenant Outreach - Resource Library (Charnwood) (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
- AFC National Resource Library (PDF Document, 0.6 Mb)
Life after the Armed Forces
When you leave the Armed Forces there are some key areas to consider:
- Employment and pension
The Armed Forces Covenant website provides information about support available to service leavers.
The Service Leaver’s Guide, provided by the MoD, offers detailed information and advice for service personnel who are planning to leave or have left regular service.
Warwickshire County Council have a number of resources for service leavers and cover topics such as finding a home, education, money management and adjusting to life after the services.
Who to contact
Victoria Coomber is the Armed Forces Community Covenant Development Officer for Charnwood, Melton and Rushcliffe Borough Councils.
For more information on what’s available to Armed Forces personnel within Charnwood, Melton and Rushcliffe you can contact her at Victoria.email@example.com
For more information on veterans and the armed forces
Armed Forces Community Covenant e-newsletter
If you are a member of the armed forces community and would like to be kept up to date with things that are happening in Charnwood, Melton and Rushcliffe, then sign up to our e-newsletter.
We will only use your email for the purpose above and will not pass your details on to third parties.
- Armed Forces Covenant Outreach Leaflet (PDF Document, 0.93 Mb)
- Armed Forces Covenant Project Poster (PDF Document, 0.42 Mb)
- Armed Forces Covenant Certificate (Word Document, 0.35 Mb)
- AFC Project Offer Leaflet (PDF Document, 0.35 Mb)
- Armed Forces Leaflet (PDF Document, 0.93 Mb)
- AFC Project Poster (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- 2017 Charnwood Melton and Rushcliffe Mapping Report and Key Issues (PDF Document, 1.91 Mb)
Last updated: Fri 13th September, 2019 @ 15:02