A fee is required for most planning applications. The fee is assessed on a scale of charges set by Government and depends on the type and scale of the proposed development. A planning application cannot proceed until the correct fee has been received.
You can calculate the cost of your application using the Planning Portal's on-line fee calculator. This will calculate a fee based on the information you enter. When you submit an application, the council will double-check this and confirm whether the fee is correct.
A downloadable Guide to Planning Fees is also available, setting out all the different fee types and amounts, including any exemptions.
Some planning applications are exempted from fees, while fees are reduced for others. Among the more common are:
- Extensions and alterations to a disabled person's dwelling house to improve access, safety and comfort
- Applications by Parish Councils
- Revised application for development of the same character or description on the same site within 12 months of a refusal or withdrawal of an earlier application
- Revised or fresh application for development of the same character on the same site within 12 months of receiving planning permission
- Applications for Listed Building Consent
If you are submitting your application online via the Planning Portal there is an option to pay the fee by debit or credit card at that time.
Alternatively you can pay over the telephone (during office hours) by calling 01509 634570, quoting your planning application number or Planning Portal reference number (if known), the application site address, and the fee amount you need to pay. (Please note that there is a 2.2% surcharge if paying by credit card).
If you want to pay by cheque please make it payable to Charnwood Borough Council, writing on the reverse what the payment is for (i.e. planning application for the site address), the Planning Portal reference number (if known) and a contact number (in case of query). This should be addressed for the attention of Development Management, Charnwood Borough Council, Southfield Road, Loughborough LE11 2TU.
Last updated: Fri 20th March, 2015 @ 14:49