we have commissioned a review and update of the 2008 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment(SFRA) in 2014. We used the best available information to update the previous SFRA and provide appropriate supporting evidence for the Charnwood Borough Local Plan.
The 2014 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment can be viewed using the links below;
Strategic Flood Risk Assessment 2014 (PDF Document, 11.76 Mb)
The main document is supported by a number of maps which can also be viewed in the Appendices below.
- Appendix a - Flood Zone Mapping (PDF Document, 46.02 Mb)
- Appendix B - Climate Change Mapping (PDF Document, 49.53 Mb)
- Appendix C - Depth Mapping (PDF Document, 47.44 Mb)
- Appendix D - Velocity Mapping (PDF Document, 46.57 Mb)
- Appendix E - Hazard Mapping (PDF Document, 46.22 Mb)
- Appendix F - Surface Water Mapping (PDF Document, 60.44 Mb)
- Appendix G - Groundwater Mapping (PDF Document, 53.15 Mb)
- Appendix H - Flood Warning Coverage (PDF Document, 46.88 Mb)
- Appendix I - Flood Defences in Charnwood Borough (PDF Document, 0.13 Mb)
- Appendix J - River Network (PDF Document, 1.68 Mb)
- Appendix K - Note on Sources of Flood Risk Information (PDF Document, 0.22 Mb)
Mapping Index (PDF Document, 1.48 Mb)
Figure 6.4 Charnwood Waste and Minerals Sites Loughborough Civic Amenity (PDF Document, 0.34 Mb)
Flood Risk - Sequential Test
Using information gathered in the 2014 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment we have carried out a flood risk sequential test, which we hope will steer development to areas with the lowest probability of flooding.
This will ensure that potential flood risk to people and property is avoided where possible. The sequential test document is available below:
Charnwood Core Strategy Flood Risk Sequential Assessment (PDF Document, 0.84 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 8th February, 2016 @ 13:55