The Charnwood Local Plan consultation closed at 5pm on Monday August 23, 2021.
Charnwood Borough Council has set out its vision to make Charnwood one of the most desirable places to live, work and visit in the East Midlands.
Charnwood Local Plan 2021-37 (Pre-Submission Draft) Consultation
Charnwood Borough Council has consulted residents, businesses, community groups and other stakeholders on the Charnwood Local Plan 2021-37.
The six-week consultation ran from Monday July 12 until Monday August 23, 2021 at 5pm.
Representations will be considered by a Government-appointed independent Planning Inspector through a public examination.
The council received a significant number of responses to the consultation. These responses are now being processed. If you submitted a response during the consultation period you should receive your acknowledgement by Friday, August 27.
A summary of the Local Plan is set out in on the webpage below:
More information about the consultation, including events that were held by the Council and technical questions about the role of, and content contained within, the Local Plan can be found below:
A message from lead member for planning Cllr Richard Bailey
In the short video below, lead member for planning Cllr Richard Bailey explains the purpose of the strategic document and why it's important for people to have their say.
The following documents are being consulted on:
- Charnwood Local Plan 2021-37 Pre-Submission Draft - July 2021 (PDF Document, 26.87 Mb)
- Policies Map 1 - Charnwood Local Plan (PDF Document, 33.72 Mb)
- Policies Map 2 - Charnwood Local Plan (PDF Document, 16.77 Mb)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF Document, 3.44 Mb)
- Appendix H (May 2021) of Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF Document, 36.19 Mb)
- Sustainability Appraisal Non Technical Summary (May 2021) (PDF Document, 1.2 Mb)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (May 2021) (PDF Document, 2.35 Mb)
- Equalities Impact Assessment (PDF Document, 0.25 Mb)
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (May 2021) (PDF Document, 0.75 Mb)
- Other evidence base documents
Paper copies of these consultation documents can be viewed at the Main Reception of the Council Offices at Southfield Road, Loughborough. Visitors will require a pre-booked appointment which can be arranged by calling 01509 634560.
In addition to the consultation documents, the Council is also preparing a series of topic papers to explain its approach on different policy areas and to support the examination of the Local Plan:
Other procedural information
Following the completion of the consultation, representations and contact details will be forwarded to the Planning Inspector, for their consideration when undertaking public examination of the Local Plan. Comments will be dealt with in accordance with the Council’s data protection policy.
The Council’s consultation notice is below:
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Availability of Documents (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 24th August, 2021 @ 10:36