Charnwood Borough Council has set out its vision to make Charnwood one of the most desirable places to live, work and visit in the East Midlands.
Charnwood Local Plan 2021-37 (Pre-Submission Draft) Consultation
Charnwood Borough Council is consulting residents, businesses, community groups and other stakeholders on the Charnwood Local Plan 2021-37 before submitting it to the Government.
The six-week consultation will run from Monday July 12 until Monday August 23, 2021 at 5pm.
Representations will be considered by a Government-appointed independent Planning Inspector through a public examination. A summary of the Local Plan is set out in on the webpage below:
More information about the consultation, including events being held by the Council and technical questions about the role of, and content contained within, the Local Plan can be found on this tab:
Virtual Public Meetings
Senior planning officers will answer questions during two virtual webinars held using Zoom. They will also guide interested parties on how and where comments can be made.
The events have been scheduled so that interested parties can attend and still have time to submit comments ahead of the 23 August consultation deadline.
The first was held on July 22. You can register to reserve a place at the August event below:
6pm-7pm on Wednesday August 4
Anyone wishing to attend one of the events must register before midnight the preceding day.
In the short video below, lead member for planning Cllr Richard Bailey explains the purpose of the strategic document and why it's important for people to have their say.
The following documents are being consulted on:
- Charnwood Local Plan 2021-37 Pre-Submission Draft - July 2021 (PDF Document, 26.87 Mb)
- Policies Map 1 - Charnwood Local Plan (PDF Document, 33.72 Mb)
- Policies Map 2 - Charnwood Local Plan (PDF Document, 16.77 Mb)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF Document, 3.44 Mb)
- Appendix H (May 2021) of Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF Document, 36.19 Mb)
- Sustainability Appraisal Non Technical Summary (May 2021) (PDF Document, 1.2 Mb)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (May 2021) (PDF Document, 2.35 Mb)
- Equalities Impact Assessment (PDF Document, 0.25 Mb)
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (May 2021) (PDF Document, 0.75 Mb)
- Other evidence base documents
Paper copies of these consultation documents can be viewed at the Main Reception of the Council Offices at Southfield Road, Loughborough. Visitors will require a pre-booked appointment which can be arranged by calling 01509 634560.
In addition to the consultation documents, the Council is also preparing a series of topic papers to explain its approach on different policy areas and to support the examination of the Local Plan:
How to Respond
The most efficient way to respond to the consultation is by using the online response form below:
Charnwood Borough Council
Representations must be received by 5pm on Monday August 23, 2021 and late submissions will not be accepted. If you require any assistance please email email@example.com or telephone 01509 634929.
Other procedural information
Following the completion of the consultation, representations and contact details will be forwarded to the Planning Inspector, for their consideration when undertaking public examination of the Local Plan. Comments will be dealt with in accordance with the Council’s data protection policy.
The Council’s consultation notice is below:
- Statement of Representations Procedure and Availability of Documents (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 26th July, 2021 @ 11:56