Church of All Saints, Bradgate Road, Newtown Linford (Grade II*)
|Date Listed||Wed 1st June, 1966|
|Category||Statutory Listed Building|
|Address||Church of All Saints Bradgate Road Newtown Linford LE6 0HB|
|Volume, Map, Item||286, 5, 31|
|Conservation Area||Newtown Linford|
Church of C14/C15, enlarged C19. Granite and slate rubble stone with Swithland slate roof. W tower with recessed stone spire, nave, C19 N transept, and C19 S porch and chancel. Tower with plinth, four bell openings, battlements, 1706 slate sun dial and restored spire. C14/C15 W window. Nave has C19 3 bay N arcade of moulded arches on octagonal piers, one arch wider to transept. Right of this arch a C15 carved head label stop. Plain plastered nave roof with two tie beams visible. N aisle with two small perp type windows, restored 3 light perp window in transept with carved head label stops inside. Stone stack NE outside corner. 1915 vestry N of chancel. On S wall two C15 2 light windows one over S door and perp 5 light window with transom, renewed tracery upper lights. Perp 2 light windows either side before chancel arch, c1920 stained glass in S. C19 chancel with open common rafter roof with collar beams and struts. E window reticulated type tracery with 1915 stained glass. Pulpit 1893 and C19 font. Mason?s slate ledger stone mounted on W wall and wall monument c1777. On eastern tie beam hangs late C18 three arch screen with royal and earl?s arms in gable and earl?s coronets as pendant finials.
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.
Statutory Listing covers all parts of the property and its curtilage, ie all internal and external elements whether described or not.