|Date Listed||Thu 28th July, 1994|
|Category||Scheduled Ancient Monument|
|Address||Moated lodge 200m W Bradgate House North of Bradgate Road, Newtown Linford Newtown Linford|
|LBS||Monument Number 17104|
|Volume, Map, Item||17104|
|Description||The monument in the parish of Newtown Linford is within the medieval Bradgate Park and includes a moated site. The rectangular moat measures approximately 55m x 40m and has arms which are 1.5m deep and 3m-4m wide. The remains of an earthen entrance causeway are situated midway along the southern arm leading to the main carriageway through the park. The medieval Bradgate Park was in existence by 1241 and survives today as a country park, although with a slightly different boundary. The moated area is likely to be the site of an early park lodge and is situated 200m to the west of the remains of the late 15th century mansion built by the Grey family.|
The description above describes the salient features of the building as it was at the date of listing. It is given in order to aid identification; it is not intended to be either comprehensive or exclusive.