Designated Public Places Orders (DPPOs) help local authorities deal with the problems of alcohol related anti-social behaviour in public places. This order is not a total ban on drinking alcohol in public places but makes it an offence to carry on drinking when asked to stop by a constable or authorised officer.
The DPPOs areas for Charnwood are:
- Loughborough Town Centre/Ashby Road Area
When might an officer ask me to stop drinking?
A police officer will have the power to ask you to stop drinking alcohol in a public place if in their opinion:
- You are creating disorder or behaving in an anti-social manner
- You are likely to behave in an anti-social or disorderly way
- DPPO Noitce for Birstall (Word Document, 0.26 Mb)
- DPPO Notice for Thurmaston (Word Document, 0.26 Mb)
- DDPP Consulation Letter for Thurmaston (Word Document, 0.38 Mb)
- DPPO Consulation Letter for Birstall (Word Document, 0.38 Mb)
- DPPO Map Thurmaston (PDF Document, 0.52 Mb)
- DPPO Map Birstal (Word Document, 1.52 Mb)
- Final Notice for Thurmaston Dppo (Word Document, 0.27 Mb)
- Final Notice for Birstall Dppo (Word Document, 0.27 Mb)
Last updated: Mon 31st July, 2017 @ 13:56