Skip to Content

Anti-social behaviour

What is anti-social behaviour and how can you report it:

If you are a council tenant or if you are reporting an ASB issue about a council tenant then please use the following link to report it to our landlord services team.

If you are a home owner or a privately renting tenant or a registered social housing tenant and wish to report an ASB issue then please use the following link to report it to our community safety team.

What is ASB?

Antisocial behaviour is defined as “behaviour by a person which causes, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to one or more persons not of the same household as the person” (Antisocial Behaviour Act 2003 and Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011).

Dealing with the problem yourself

Before you report any anti-social behaviour, you should first decide whether there is anything you can do to sort out the problem yourself. Below are some useful tips to bear in mind when talking to the person causing the problem.

  • Try to stay calm and friendly – being aggressive is not going to help
  • Explain what the problem is, how you feel and how it affects you
  • Listen to the other person and try not to interrupt them when they are talking.
  • Try to stay in control and not be abusive
  • If the person is being unreasonable – leave the discussion

If the problem continues once you have tried speaking to the person responsible OR if the problem is so serious that you don't want to confront them, you should then report it and seek further help from an Anti-Social Behaviour Officer. 

Share this page:

Last updated: