Charnwood has installed electric vehicle charging points in its public car parks to support local residents and visitors and encourage the adoption of electric vehicles.
Beehive Lane multi-storey car park
- Two public bays with one dual charger 7kW ‘Fast’ Charger
- currently run by BP Polar.
- Installed in 2014
King Street car park, Sileby
- Two bays with one 50kW rapid charger
- Currently run by BP Polar
- Supplied and installed by Highways England in April 2020
For information on the supplier BP Pulse please visit their website.
On-Street Residential ChargePoint Scheme (ORCS)
The Council has been awarded funding under ORCS to install Electric Vehicle Charge Points at sites where local residents do not have driveways for home charging.
The additional infrastructure is scheduled for installation in the summer of 2023:
- Sileby - six 7kW charging points operated by Electric Blue
- Anstey - eight 7 kW charging points operated by Electric Blue
Charnwood Borough Council Fleet vehicles
The Council also has a number of fully-electric fleet vehicles with dedicated charge points for those vehicles. There are two fleet vehicle dual-fast charge points at Beehive Lane car park and one charge point at our pest control unit.
Last updated: Tue 23rd May, 2023 @ 10:54