Leicestershire County Council provides the library services for Charnwood.
The library service home page provides access to the following information:
- Details about district libraries and mobile libraries - including opening times
- Infolinx (The Community Information Network for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland)
- Reading groups in Leicestershire libraries
- The peoples network & computers in Leicestershire libraries
- A guide to services offered through Leicestershire libraries
- Lists of the holdings of Leicestershire libraries
- Details of events taking place in Leicestershire libraries
- Sections for children & young people
- Library services for education
Information is available on the county council website where you can:
- Join the Library
- Renew, request or reserve books
- Access the reference library
- Contact details and opening times
Libraries have reopened for visitors and are offering a click and collect service. You do not need to book an appointment. For more details, visit www.leicestershire.gov.uk/click-and-collect.
Some community managed libraries are also open for browsing and to offer the click and collect service. For more information, contact the library directly.
Hand sanitisers are available at all sites and face coverings are mandatory for all visitors, unless they are exempt.
Library staff are on hand to welcome customers back to their local library and assist them to use the services safely.
Visit the Leicestershire County Council website for more information on what to expect when you visit the library.
Test and Trace
Following government guidance, libraries are recording the presence of members of the public inside the library at any given time.
You can use the NHS Covid-19 app to record your presence in the library, alternatively staff will ask for the name and telephone number for one member of your family/group on arrival. Staff may need to share these details with the NHS in case someone tests positive for Covid-19.
All details will be stored securely and destroyed after 21 days.
If you develop any Covid-19 symptoms, even mild ones, after you visit the library, book a test onlineOpens another website in new window immediately or call 119, and only leave home to go for your test.
Libraries in Charnwood
Links to the webpages for Charnwood based libraries can be found below:
Last updated: Fri 23rd October, 2020 @ 14:37