Please note: Fourteen Leicestershire libraries re-opened their doors for browsing, borrowing and returning books on Monday August 3 using an appointment system.
The county’s main libraries are operating with an online booking system, allowing members to book a slot to visit their preferred library. There are a limited number of slots available each day to ensure social distancing is observed within the buildings. To book your slot, visit: www.leicestershire.gov.uk/book-a-library-visit.
Library users may visit in groups of up to three to browse, borrow and return items. Hand sanitisers are available at all sites and face coverings will be mandatory from Saturday August 8 for all visitors, unless they are exempt.
Library staff are on hand to welcome customers back to their local library and assist them to use the services safely.
For the time being, toilets remain closed to customers and the use of computers will not be available. The county council hopes the service will return in September, once necessary health and safety measures are in place.
The click and collect service continues to operate alongside browsing. Over 900 click and collect orders have been placed in the first three weeks since launching the service.
Some community managed libraries are also open for browsing and to offer the click and collect service. For more information, contact the library directly.
Leicestershire County Council provides the library services for Charnwood. The library service home page provides access to the following information:
- Details about district libraries and mobile libraries - including opening times
- Infolinx (The Community Information Network for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland)
- Reading groups in Leicestershire libraries
- The peoples network & computers in Leicestershire libraries
- A guide to services offered through Leicestershire libraries
- Lists of the holdings of Leicestershire libraries
- Details of events taking place in Leicestershire libraries
- Sections for children & young people
- Library services for education
Information is available on the county council website where you can:
- Join the Library
- Renew, request or reserve books
- Access the reference library
- Contact details and opening times
Links to the webpages for Charnwood based libraries can be found below:
Last updated: Thu 6th August, 2020 @ 12:47