We are introducing a new scheme to install commemorative plaques to mark people, places and events which have a connection to the history and culture of our borough.
We are aiming to commission up to three plaques a year. Proposed plaques for 2019 are in the process of being researched and an announcement will be made shortly.
We want communities and organisations in the borough to nominate people, places or events to consider for the scheme. You can do this by downloading the form below (there is a word or PDF version) and returning it to email@example.com.
- Charnwood heritage plaque scheme nomination form (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Charnwood heritage plaque scheme nomination form (PDF Document, 0.17 Mb)
The nomination timetable for 2020 plaques will be confirmed in May 2019.
There will be some criteria to consider when deciding which nominations will be awarded with a plaque. Your suggestions will be assessed by our panel of experts against the criteria so make sure you put as much detail as you can into your nomination.
When making a nomination, we’d like you to obtain the support of:
- a community group
- parish or borough councillor
- history or heritage society
- or a parish council or similar organisation
This is so that a nomination has the support of more than one individual.
If you have any questions about the scheme or to find out more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 634541
Current and proposed plaques
- A plaque honouring the 158 Logistics Regiment and 203 Transport Squadron will be unveiled on Armed Forces Day which will take place on Saturday June 30, 2018.
- A plaque honouring the centenary of the end of WW1 will be unveiled in Loughborough Town Centre on Sunday November 11, 2018
Last updated: Fri 1st February, 2019 @ 09:38