The Borough Council operates a scheme to install commemorative plaques to mark people, places and events which have a connection to the history and culture of our borough.
We want communities and organisations in the borough to nominate people, places or events to consider for the scheme. You can do this by downloading the form below (there is a word or PDF version) and returning it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charnwood heritage plaque scheme nomination form (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Charnwood heritage plaque scheme nomination form (PDF Document, 0.1 Mb)
Current and proposed plaques across the borough
- A plaque honouring the 158 Logistics Regiment and 203 Transport Squadron was unveiled on Armed Forces Day on Saturday June 30, 2018.
- A plaque honouring the centenary of the end of WW1 was unveiled in Loughborough Town Centre on Sunday November 11, 2018.
- A plaque honouring Lord Macaulay of Rothley was unveiled at the Rothley Court Hotel on Friday October 25, 2019.
- A plaque marking the 800th anniversary of Loughborough’s Markets and Fairs Charter was unveiled at the Town Hall on Saturday July 31, 2021.
- A plaque celebrating the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II was unveiled at Charnwood Museum on Thursday June 2, 2022.
Last updated: Mon 31st October, 2022 @ 13:43