Loughborough Cemetery is located on Leicester Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 2AF and is maintained by Idverde UK.
The Crematorium at Loughborough is managed by a private company, Dignity Funeral Service, who can be contacted at 01509 230240. Any enquiries regarding crematorium services should be directed to them.
The cemetery has its own car park accessed from Leicester Road or the by-pass, and on foot from Shelthorpe Ave.
Loughborough cemetery has a number of war graves and has sections for different creeds and communities. Water taps are provided throughout the cemetery to refresh floral tributes and displays.
Exclusive rights of burial
Those who wish to do so can buy the rights to the grave, otherwise known as the exclusive rights of burial. This allows you to choose who can be buried or scattered in your particular plot. The Exclusive rights of burial lasts for a period of 100 years.
After this period the rights will need to be renewed or the plot will become the property of the Borough of Charnwood and we will decide who will be buried there. The exclusive rights need to be purchased before any memorials can be placed.
Please note that pre-purchasing of exclusive rights is no longer permitted.
Choice of graves
There are different types of grave plots available:
- Type A: These are earthen/vaulted graves where a full kerb memorial surround can be placed.
- Type D: These are on the lawn section, located along a continuous concrete beam housing headstones and flower containers.
- Type C: These are child graves.
- Type E: These are for the burial of cremated remains. Each plot can accommodate up to five caskets of cremated remains.
Each grave can be excavated to accommodate up to two burials. Up to six ash caskets can also be interred after the second burial. Traditional Muslim graves are excavated for one burial.
Seats, trees or rose bed memorials may be purchased through the cemetery office. These will be installed within the cemetery with a brass remembrance plaque.
All records relating to burials and grave plots are held in the cemetery office at the council offices. Searches will be carried out on request. If a lot of information is requested a charge may apply.
For more information on Loughborough Cemetery and burials
- Interment Application 2019/20 (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Application to erect a monument 2019-2020 (Word Document, 0.1 Mb)
- Cemetery Rules and Regulations - Loughborough Cemetery (PDF Document, 0.27 Mb)
Last updated: Tue 6th April, 2021 @ 13:40