You can make a claim for housing benefit if you (and your partner, if applicable):
- have reached the qualifying age for Pension Credit or receive a State Retirement Pension
- have been placed in temporary accommodation due to homelessness by the council
- live in specified accommodation or a sheltered housing scheme
- started to receive Pension Credit before May 15, 2019.
You will need the following information to complete the form so please gather these before starting the application to save yourself time:
- Your tenancy agreement
- Documents about your income such as your payslips and benefit award letters
- Documents about any accounts, investments and savings you have such as bank statements and investments certificates
- Documents about your identity – including your National Insurance Number and two forms of identification to submit/upload as evidence; i.e Passport, Birth Certificate, Driving Licence or recent utility bill.
If you do not qualify for housing benefit but still need support with paying your rent, you can apply for Universal Credit.
Last updated: Mon 16th January, 2023 @ 13:24