Solar Together Leicestershire - buying solar panels and battery storage made easy.
Do you want to save on your energy bills and generate your own clean electricity?
Having your own solar panels and battery storage to power your home with clean energy can be a smart investment.
Charnwood Borough Council is working in partnership with councils across Leicestershire to offer you the chance to generate your own clean electricity at a highly competitive price. By installing solar panels and producing renewable electricity for your home or business, you will be playing your part in supporting our shared ambition to reduce carbon emissions in Leicestershire.
The Council has partnered with independent experts in group-buying, iChoosr Ltd, to bring this opportunity to Charnwood's homeowners.
Solar Together Leicestershire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Leicestershire households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
Find out more about the scheme by clicking on the link below.
Solar PV installations are considered a 'permitted development' and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required. For planning advice please our planning and regeneration webpages.
Do you already have solar panels installed? You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
How does it work?
1. Registration: register for free and without obligation at solartogether.co.uk/charnwood. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: A reverse auction will be held where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
3. Personal recommendation: you will then be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. We will let you know how long you have to accept your recommendation and update you before the scheme closes.
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of March 2024.
For more information, visit the Solar Together website, where you can register for the scheme and get in touch with iChoosr's helpdesk.
Telephone and email support from iChoosr are on-hand throughout the whole process, which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
iChoosr was founded in 2008 and is privately owned by two co-founders. Before it entered the UK energy market in 2012, it focused on group-buying schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium. It now works with community leaders helping households select energy and solar power suppliers. As in the UK, its operations continue to grow across Europe, North America and Japan.
To contact iChoosr, please use their helpline 0800 048 8362 or email email@example.com.
Last updated: Fri 11th August, 2023 @ 14:11